Our Best Mini Mod Vapes 2021 article is our latest attempt at curating the current top options. If you have experience with any of the following box mods, we encourage you to vote on them.
The one main disadvantage of box mod vapes is their typical bulky size and design. This is of course why ‘mini box mods’ and ‘baby box mods’ have become so popular in recent years.
As you may have guessed, mini box mod vapes function exactly like full-sized box mods (adjustable watts, volts, amps and ohms), everything is simply down-sized. It’s a simple trade-off, sacrifice e liquid capacity, along with total watts and volts for a more compact device.
This sub-category of compromising power and capacity for a reduced size and sleek design is where most vaping innovation is currently taking place.
The Best Mini Mod Vapes – Top Devices & Starter Kits 2021
Best Deals for March
Best Mini Box MOD Vapes 2021 Guide
For those who have been following our vaping guides and recommendations for any length of time, you know that we’ve been shouting from the roof-tops about the need for compact and sleek, yet powerful vaping devices for years. While we’ve remained pre-occupied on other projects over the past few years, our wishes have been coming to fruition. Most notably led by the success of the JUUL Pod vaping system, vape hardware manufactures across the world have been busy designing and developing smaller vapes.
The reality is that vapor users essentially now have a choice of compact devices with the main distinction being complexity. Again, JUUL’s success has been remarkable and it has taken what was a relatively small portion of the marketshare (pod based vaping systems) and turned it into the market leader. This was done by focusing not only on the sleekness and size of the device, but its simplicity or intuitiveness coupled with its performance.
With a glowing take on pod based systems, it’s important to point out that they still lack in a few main vaping aspects that a large percentage of users desire. Those aspects are cost of use, customization, adjustability, e liquid capacity and battery longevity. Enter mini box mod vapes, everything that you favorite box mod is, in a smaller device.
In essence, mini box mod vapes are the perfect fit for vapor users who seek a combination of low-cost vaping, total customization and power to boot, all in a relatively compact device. Check out our complete list of the Best Vapes of 2021 for a more comprehensive picture/list of what’s available to you.
What are different types of mini box mod vapes?
Mini box mod vapes are simply defined by their generally small rectangular (boxy) shape and ability to be modified. While ‘mini’ is the most popular and main sub-category of compact vape mods, it’s important to point out that other sub-categories exist as well. Baby vape mods for example are sometimes used to describe mini box mods interchangeably, although some baby vapes are well known to be smaller than even mini devices. Additionally, an even smaller (pun intended) sub-category exists and it’s known as micro or nano vapes.
Lastly, each of the compact vape mod device categories referenced above are popular systems to perform what is widely known as ‘stealth vaping’. Stealth vaping loosely refers to the concept of being able to vape unnoticed or at least minimizing the effect of vaping on those around you.
The most common types of compact vape mods:
- Standard minis are the most prevalent type of compact box mods and are widely available. Mini box mods are virtually the same thing as normal sized box mods, featuring adjustable wattage/temperature settings and 510 threaded e liquid tanks. Mini box mods are typically powered by one 18650 battery, making them fully capable of lasting at least 6 to 8 hours.
- Baby box mods are again, usually the same thing as mini box mod vapes. However, in some cases the keyword, ‘baby’ describes a device even smaller than a mini and is worth noting. In any case, the majority of box mods display the exact size (width, height and thickness) on their list of specifications.
- Micro or nano mods are the smallest of the box mod category and are indeed tiny, easily and fully fitting into just the palm of your hand. The micro or often called nano sub-category of box mods has the most limited product selection of the group which directly correlates to the difficulty in designing a complex vaping device in such a small package.
What’s the best place to buy mini box mod vapes & coil heads online?
When it comes to compact or mini box mod vapes, the smaller you go, the further you’ll have to reach into the interweb to locate devices. With that being said, the vast majority of online vape shops are now offering at least some mini or baby box mod devices along with replaceable coil heads.
We say it often throughout our vaping buyer’s guide and it’s just as important concerning mini box mods. Users need to recognize the importance of not only knowing what types of coil-heads are compatible with their device but choosing a device that has a steady supply of readily available coil-heads to purchase.
Following are some of the most reliable sources to buy mini box mod vapes and coil heads:
- Direct Vapor
- Element Vape
- Giant Vapes
- Vape Wild
What are the best selling mini box mod vape brands?
Just as with any other type of vape mod, a handful of brands stand head and shoulders above the rest. While not a comprehensive list, the following mini box mod vape brands are among the highest selling and most trusted.
Well-known mini box mod vape brands:
What are the greatest mini box mod vapes of all-time?
Mini and baby box mods makeup a relatively small percentage of the vape mod device market as a whole. Nevertheless, we love them and have been following a few of our favorites since their inception.
The following mini and or baby box mod vapes are among the best selling in America and have been for some time:
- Smok – G-Priv Baby Luxe Edition: 9 color variations, 2″ Touch-screen, upgradable firmware, adjustable wattage, temperature and voltage paired with the TFV12 Baby Prince 4.5 mL tank. The G-Priv Baby Luxe is 72mm tall, 29.2mm thick and 51mm wide. The TFV12 tank is 53.7mm tall and 26mm in diameter.
- Vaporesso – Luxe Nano: 6 color variations, 1.3″ touchscreen, 2,500 mAh built-in battery, OMNI Board 4.2 chipset, 0.002 second Insta-Fire paired with the 3.5 mL SKRR-S Mini Tank and QF meshed coil. The Luxe Nano connected to the SKRR-S Tank is 122.8mm tall, 40.3mm wide and 26.2mm thick.
- Vaporesso – Revenger Mini: 4 color variations, 0.96″ OLED screen, 2,500 mAh built-in battery, OMNI Board 2.2 chipset paired with the 3.5 mL NRG SE Tank and GT4 Core coil. The Revenger Mini is 120mm tall, 40mm wide and 25mm thick when connected to the NRG SE Tank.
- GeekVape – Aegis Mini: 18 color options including the American flag, waterproof, dust-proof, shockproof, adjustable settings, temperature control mode and a 2,200 mAh built-in battery paired with the Cerberus Tank and Super Mesh X2 Coil. The Aegis Mini is 78mm tall and 27mm thick. The Cerberus tank is 42.5mm tall and 27mm in diameter.
- VooPoo – Drag Mini: 8 resin finish options, simplified FIT chipset for battery/flavor or cloud modes and 4,400 mAh built-in batteries paired with the UFORCE T2 Tank and P2 single mesh coil. The Drag Mini is 81.5mm tall, 48.5mm wide and 25.5mm thick. The UFORCE T2 tank is 54.45mm tall and 28mm in diameter.
The truth is, you can’t go wrong with any of the above listed mini mod vapes. What determines the best mini mod vape is simply a matter of preference. If you want our best recommendation based on overall features, we’d point you in the direction of the Smok G-Priv Baby Luxe Edition. If on the other hand you have more specific requirements such as something really simple to use, we’d point you towards the Vaporesso Revenger Mini. Similarly, if you have a need for increased durability, we’d highly recommend the Aegis Mini by GeekVape.
Mini Box Mod Vape Testing Methodology
All mini mod vapes were tested using the manufacture’s recommended or pre-installed coils and batteries, along with the e liquid tanks that are specifically designed for each device. Additionally, we used a wide variation of e liquids including 50PG/50VG and 30PG/70VG ratios with 2.4% (+) nicotine percentages. In cases that devices are featured in this article that we weren’t able to personally get our hands on, we gathered all of the publicly available information we could, including reviews from non-affiliated consumers, in the process of forming our opinion. Some opinions are formed based on based on limited use. For example, it’s not as if we spent a full week or even a full 24 hour period with each device.