Our Best Menthol E-Liquids 2020 selections have been assembled for your consideration. Due to the fact that menthol flavors are fewer than dessert and or tobacco, we kindly ask that you vote on any of the following flavors that you’ve had experience with.
Similar to tobacco, menthol e-liquid flavors are and always will be a favorite among vapor users. A huge percentage of cigarette smokers prefer the menthol flavor and crave that classic fresh and even cold taste.
The vast majority of e-liquid brands will have at least one menthol flavor option.
Additionally, unlike tobacco, menthol can easily be combined with an array of fruit flavor notes that can take the taste to a whole new level. If you’re a menthol lover, we strongly encourage you to test a number of different flavors.
The Best Menthol E-Liquids – Top E-Juice Brands & Flavors 2020
- Menthol Tobacco: by KILO
- Menthol Type: by Vape Wild
- Menthol: by Mt Baker Vapor
- Tobacco Menthol: by Vaporfi
- Menthol: by Black Note
- Mystic Menthol: by Halo Cigs
- Ice Cold Menthol: by Vape Wild
- Extreme Ice: by Mt Baker Vapor
- Cool Blast: by Mig Vapor
- Menthol Freeze: by Vaporfi
- Menthol V: by Halo Cigs
- Apple Menthol: by Naked 100
Best Deals for September
Best Menthol E-Liquids 2020 Guide
There will always be critiques of well, everything, including menthol e-liquid flavors. Perhaps surprisingly to some, concocting a true menthol flavor is much more difficult than creating an off the wall fruity or dessert based flavor. This is of course due to the fact that dessert, candy and fruit based flavors are derived primarily from artificial flavor concentrates, which are easy to manipulate and develop into well known and even complex tastes. Reverse engineering the menthol flavor for vapor products however, at least as most former smokers know it, is much more difficult if not impossible to achieve.
Menthol is primarily used in tobacco cigarettes to provide a cooling sensation in the mouth and throat upon inhalation. The key difference and primary difficulty that e-liquid mixologists face in reproducing a menthol flavor that closely mimics menthol cigarettes via vapor is the subtraction of actual tobacco leaves and combustion from the process of consumption itself. Therefore, many long-time menthol cigarette smokers, at least initially, find menthol vapor products lacking.
Menthol e-liquids lean on mint and peppermint flavors heavily in order to rightfully recreate the taste produced by menthol cigarettes. The resulting taste and or sensation is decisively cooling, icy and considered refreshing. However, the struggle to find a true menthol flavor that soothes the masses of menthol cigarette smokers flocking to vapor products is real and is far from perfected. The most realistic menthol e-liquid flavors are found in products that are derived from a natural extraction process.
While you might very well be on a hunt for a purely menthol e-liquid, we strongly encourage you to expand your horizons into the sea of other amazing flavors. Our Best E-Liquids of 2020 guide is a great source for a wide variety of trusted flavors to try.
What are the different types of menthol e-liquids?
Like tobacco flavor purists, menthol lovers are often picky. You’ll find loads of menthol e-liquid reviews ranging from 5 star ratings to 1 star for the same flavors. The most common gripe about menthol flavors is that they’re found to be too sweet. If you’re relatively new to vaping and are seeking a pure menthol e-liquid, steer clear of any options that include additional fruit flavors. Additionally, while slightly fewer in number compared to fruity options, plenty of pure menthol, peppermint and spearmint flavors exists.
The following are the most common types of menthol e-liquid flavors:
- Pure Menthol is the most sought after and is generally defined as having minimal to no additional sweet flavors, as well as packing a punch by way of throat hit or robustness. For menthol connoisseurs, e-liquid brands such as Black Note utilize a natural extraction of tobacco process, which creates a very organic and familiar taste for long time cigarette smokers. Pure menthol flavors are considered common all-day-vapes.
- Peppermint e-liquid is often categorized alongside menthol options. It’s commonly associated with the red and white peppermint candies that nearly everyone on the planet has tried at least once. Also, peppermint flavors sell extremely well during the winter months, particularly centered around Christmas.
- Spearmint, similar to peppermint in terms of how it’s categorized alongside menthol, is another popular choice. However, it’s typically sweeter than most menthol lovers prefer and should be reserved to try after finding a solid all-day-vape option.
- Fruit and menthol actually go together surprisingly well. With that being said, fruity menthol flavors are not for everybody and should be expected to be sweet. If frozen and refreshing strawberry mint doesn’t sound appealing to you, don’t buy it expecting to replace your menthol craving. If you’ve been vaping for a while and begin to experiment with other flavors, you might very well fall in love with one of the thousands of flavors in this category.
What’s the best place to buy menthol e-liquids online?
When searching for menthol e-liquids, you’ll undoubtedly notice the lack of pure menthol flavors. Instead, you’ll be confronted by countless options that include fruit flavoring. If you’re into fruity menthols, essentially every e-liquid brand sells them or at least a variation of an ‘icy’ mint flavor.
Below are our favorite sources for purchasing menthol e-liquids:
- Halo Cigs
- Black Note
- Vape Wild
- Mt Baker Vapor
- Giant Vapes
- Element Vape
- Element Vape
- Eight Vape
- Direct Vapor
What are the best selling menthol e-liquid brands?
Unlike tobacco, dessert and fruit e-liquids, their isn’t a single brand of e-liquid to solely focuses on and or sells menthol flavors. In fact and as previously mentioned, some e-liquid lines don’t feature a menthol at all. However, many brands offer at least one ‘menthol’ option, even if it is fruity.
Menthol is the redheaded step-child of e-liquid flavors, but the following brands routinely sell the most:
- Halo Cigs
- Black Note
- Mt Baker Vapor
- Vape Wild
What are the greatest menthol e-liquids and flavors of all-time?
It’s not easy to make the greatest menthol flavor of all time list. However, the following e-liquids have been trusted by menthol connoisseurs for years. For any vapor user seeking pure menthol flavors without hints of candy or fruit, the e-liquids below are your best option.
The agreed upon and reverenced menthol G.O.A.T list:
- Halo Cigs – Sub-Zero: Icy menthol.
- VaporGod – Arctic Wolf: Menthol and mint.
- Black Note – Menthol: Sun-cured menthol tobacco.
- Cosmic Fog – Chill’d Tobacco: Mild leaf menthol tobacco, fresh peppermint and rich chocolate.
- Halo Cigs – Menthol V: Menthol tobacco and eucalyptus.
- Vape Wild – Ice Cold: Minty wintergreen and lightly sweetened spearmint.
- Mt Baker Vapor – Extreme Ice: Intense mint and menthol.
- Nicquid – Smoothol: Creamy, sweet, and refreshing mint menthol.
When discussing menthol e-liquid flavors, it’s never about the complexity of fruity notes or the incredible aroma. Rather, it’s about finally stumbling into a menthol option that delivers a no-nonsense throat hit and a refreshing taste. Many vapor users wear by Black Note’s Solo and others have created a cult-like following around Arctic Wolf by VaporGod. If you’re still unsure as to which menthol e-liquid to buy, Sub-Zero by Halo Cigs has achieved legendary status in terms of overall sales.
In summary, finding the perfect menthol e-liquid (especially for new vapor users) is going to be a process of trial and error. Embrace it, welcome to the team and may the search for something other than menthol expand your horizons. Vape on!
Menthol E-Liquid Testing Methodology
Pure menthol e-liquid flavors don’t typically require a fancy vape device or settings. Actually, if it’s a 50PG/50VG blend, it can fairly universally be vaped by a number of different setups. Fruity and other hybrid menthols however, which are commonly 30PG/70VG blends, will require sub-ohm vaping setups (or at least close to 1.0 ohm).
Vapor devices and setup used when testing menthol e-liquids for the production of this article:
- Smok Nord 2 POD paired with Nord 2 0.8 ohm MTL Coil Heads at 16 watts
- GeekVape Aegis Mini and 5.5 mL Cerberus Tank paired with Super Mesh X2 0.3 ohm Coil