Tobacco e-liquid flavors and their many variants are and always will be the cornerstone of vaping. This is simply due to the fact that tobacco cigarette smokers immediately seek a similar vapor alternative to actual cigarettes. Additionally, while vapor users may dabble with the myriad of other flavors in the market, they often have an ‘all-day-vape’ as a mainstay that’s tobacco based.
While some e-liquid brands such as Black Note offer pure tobacco flavors, most tobacco e-liquids feature hints of vanilla and caramel. The primary keys to great tobacco e-liquids are satisfying the user’s ‘throat-hit’, while not being too bold and successfully mellowing any sweet flavor notes.
Best Tobacco E-Liquid Overall for July 2020
Bold Tobacco Flavor
Long Time Tobacco Cigarette Smokers
New Tobacco Flavor
Table of Contents
Tobacco E-Liquid Guide
Tobacco based e-liquids are by far, the most sought after flavors in the marketplace. From bold and burley pure tobacco tastes to a simple subtle hint of ‘tobacco’ flavor, former smokers are constantly scouring the web to find their perfect match. Like menthol e-liquid flavors however, reengineering the exact taste that tobacco cigarette smokers are accustomed to is difficult. This is due to the fact that vape products utilize a warming method that produces a cleaner ‘vapor’ substance, compared to cigarette smoke derived from combustion. While there’s no completely getting around the differences between vaping tobacco flavored e-liquid and smoking tobacco leaves wrapped in paper, we’re confident you’ll adapt.
One of the longest running arguments in the e-liquid marketplace is the lack of pure tobacco flavors. Some tobacco flavor purists will truly never be satisfied for the aforementioned reasons. However, the majority if former smokers who make the switch to vapor quickly realize that there are plenty of amazing flavors with at least hints of tobacco. Honestly, the sooner that tobacco cigarette smokers realize that the more important factors regarding their e-liquid selection are nicotine strength and PG to VG ratio, the better. After all, the ‘satisfaction’ that tobacco cigarette smokers get is from nicotine and nothing else.
For the sake of full transparency, tobacco flavor lovers do have a point when it comes to some of these dessert e-liquids. While some of them taste absolutely amazing, it’s not unusual for them to have little to no throat hit whatsoever. While that maybe fine for vapor users who have already weened themselves from their nicotine addictions, the majority of dessert based e-liquids are a huge turn-off to new vapor users who happen to also be current or former tobacco cigarette smokers.
With all of that being said, we’ve compiled what we find to be the Best E-liquids of 2020. These e-liquids touch nearly the entire vaping spectrum including but not limited to tobacco, menthol, dessert, fruit and even candy based flavors.
Types of Tobacco E-Liquids
If one thing is certain in the vapor industry it’s that tobacco e-liquid is and always will be the most sought after flavor in the market. For the vast majority of vapor users, tobacco based flavors are ‘all-day-vapes’ due to the fact that they’re generally not too sweet and not overwhelmingly bold. They hit the happy medium of flavor and throat hit that vapor consumers enjoy, especially as it relates to replacing a tobacco cigarette addiction. If you’re a tobacco cigarette smoker seeking to make the switch to vapor and find fruit and or dessert based flavors unappealing, the best thing you can do is to find a tobacco flavor that you can rely on.
A rising trend in tobacco based e-liquid flavors is producing it from a natural extraction process. Tobacco flavor purists find this type of e-liquid a godsend as it contains no artificial flavor additives or sweeteners.
In addition, the large majority of tobacco based e-liquid flavors are preferred in a 50PG/50VG ratio. While high VG tobacco e-liquids are becoming more available as sub-ohm devices become more prevalent, most vapor users still prefer 50PG to deliver a heavy throat hit.
One of the great aspects of tobacco based flavors is that they’re generally not good when combined with fruits or other overly sweet concentrates. Essentially, exploring the range of what tobacco can be successfully combined with has left a fairly small, yet undeniable list of flavor concentrates that most e-liquid manufactures use to produce their products.
The most common types of tobacco e-liquid flavors:
- Pure Tobacco flavors are incredibly popular due to their simplicity and tobacco cigarette resemblance. From burley, bold, delicate and light to everything in-between, there are e-liquid flavors for all types of tobacco purists.
- Cigar e-liquids are a distinct sub-category of the main tobacco flavor branch. While they’ll never be a draw or develop a following for any users that aren’t already fans of cigars, they are indeed loved by cigar enthusiasts seeking a less harmful experience via vapor. Very similar to traditional tobacco e-liquids however, cigar flavors are highly prone to be overly sweet, so be ready to test out a number of different options before settling on a favorite. A deeper sub-category this fits into this section is of course, pipe tobacco flavors, which we share the same feelings for as we do cigar flavors.
- Caramel is the most highly used flavor additive for tobacco e-liquids. To many long time tobacco cigarette user’s surprise, they find the subtly sweet hint of caramel incredibly tasty and even worthy of being considered an all-day vape.
- Vanilla, similar to caramel in terms of its versatility and subtlety when mixed with tobacco e-liquid flavors, is another commonly used concentrate. When it comes to e-liquid, the best way to describe a tobacco flavor that includes vanilla as an ingredient is creamy. In almost every case where a tobacco flavor includes vanilla, the actual taste is so light it’s almost unrecognizable. Vanilla flavoring simply creates a smoother and slightly lighter taste and throat hit.
- Honey flavor additives have much the same effect as caramel and vanilla. The flavor of honey is naturally soothing on the throat and when utilized sparingly, doesn’t create problems with being too sweet. When we’re talking about caramel, vanilla and honey, we’re talking about subtle hints of flavor on inhale and exhale that result in a smooth taste.
Where to Buy Tobacco E-Liquids
Vapor companies understand the popularity and importance of tobacco e-liquid flavors and thus, consumers have a huge array of options to choose from. There are very few e-liquid brands that don’t have at least one tobacco centric flavor or line. Importantly, due to the huge supply of tobacco based flavors in the marketplace, there’s always incredibly discounts, deals and promotions to take advantage of when exploring various brands, lines and flavor combinations.
Accordingly, our favorite places to buy tobacco e-liquid are indeed some of the same places we buy all of our e-liquid from and they are as followed:
- Black Note
- Direct Vapor
- Halo Cigs
- Giant Vapes
- Element Vape
- Mad Vapes
- Five Pawns
- Ripe Vapes
Best Selling Tobacco E-Liquid Brands
We’ve said it before, but we’ll say it again. While a lot of e-liquid brands sell exclusively in wholesale to third party vape shops (business to business or B2B), some actually do sell their products directly from their own websites (business to consumer or B2C). To complete the picture, some e-liquid manufacturers operate both B2B and B2C in a hybrid model. We reference this to simply help answer questions related to certain tobacco e-liquid availability and price. You’ll almost always pay a higher price for buying tobacco e-liquid directly from a brand’s website. Third party retailers on the other hand focus on volume and clearing products, making the likelihood that you’ll pay less for the same product from a third party much more likely.
Below are e-liquid brands that are well known for at least one tobacco flavor:
- Black Note
- Halo Cigs
- Double Barrel
- Naked 100
- Double Barrel
- Tobacco Monster
- Mad Hatter
- Five Pawns
- Vape Wild
- Ripe Vapes
- Charlies Chalk Dust
- Beard Vape Co.
- Glas Vapor
- Mig Vapor
- Old Fashioned Elixir
- E Puffer
- MT Baker Vapor
Greatest Tobacco E-Liquids of All Time
If the vaping industry is considered cut-throat in terms of marketing and business viability, tobacco e-liquid flavors, lines and brands is murderers row. Over the years we’ve seen an incredibly amount of e-liquid brands come and go. However, every once in a while, a flavor gets traction and goes viral.
Below are a few of the greatest tobacco based e-liquid flavors of all time:
- Halo Cigs – Tribeca: Tobacco, caramel and vanilla.
- Black Note – Virginia Tobacco (Prelude): Flue-cured light and mildly sweet naturally extracted tobacco.
- MT Baker Vapor – USA Blend Tobacco Classic smooth tobacco.
- Naked 100 – American Patriots: Classic rich tobacco.
- Ripe Vapes – Original VCT: Smooth and rich fine tobacco.
- Five Pawns – Kingside Tobacco: Burley, smooth and light tobacco.
- Vaporfi – American Red Tobacco: Bold and pure tobacco.
- Beard Vape Co – No. 00: Semi-sweet tobacco, mocha, coffee and cream.
- Yogi – Vanilla Tobacco: Cured tobacco, vanilla and granola.
- Cuttwood – Tobacco Trail: Mild tobacco and honey.
- Glas Vapor – Butterscotch Reserve: Mild tobacco, butterscotch, caramel and vanilla.
- Halo Cigs – Prime 15: Earthy and nutty tobacco.
- Halo Cigs – VooDoo: Smooth tobacco, black currant, grape, plum and spice.
- Vape Wild – Gold Label: Premium smooth light tobacco.
What’s The Best Tobacco E-Liquid?
We all know that determining the best tobacco e-liquid is a subjective task. Therefore, the best we can do is give our opinion of the best main types of tobacco flavors. As referenced above, some vapor users prefer pure tobacco and others don’t mind a little extra sweetness.
The best selling tobacco based e-liquid of all time is probably Tribeca by Halo Cigs. However, Tribeca isn’t a pure tobacco flavor and does have a hint of sweetness. Similarly, No. 00 by Beard Vape Co, Kingside Tobacco by Five Pawns, VooDoo by Halo Cigs and Glas Vapor’s Butterscotch Reserve are known as some of the best tobacco flavors, but have noticeably sweet additional flavors.
If you’re a tobacco flavor purist and can’t stand sweetness, there are plenty of options that will likely be in the running for what you consider the best tobacco e-liquid. While Virginia Tobacco (Prelude) is one of the most popular pure tobacco flavors, flavors like Tobacco Trail by Cuttwood, American Patriots by Naked 100 and Prime 15 by Halo Cigs should be among those you try.
|Tobacco E-Liquid||Best for…|
|Halo Cigs Tribeca Tobacco E-Liquid||Overall Best In Class|
|Vaporfi American Red Tobacco E-Liquid||Bold Tobacco Flavor|
|Element Tobacconist Honey Roasted Tobacco E-Liquid||Semisweet Tobacco|
|Five Pawns Kingside Tobacco E-Liquid||Dessert Tobacco|
|Mt Baker Vapor USA Blend Tobacco E-Liquid||Most Economical|
|Black Note Kentucky Tobacco E-Liquid||Hardest Hitting|
|Naked 100 American Patriots Tobacco E-Liquid||High VG|
|Ripe Vapes VCT Original Tobacco E-Liquid||Long Time Tobacco Cigarette Smokers|
|Charlies Chalk Dust King Bellman Tobacco E-Liquid||New Tobacco Flavor|
Whenever possible we prefer vaping tobacco based flavors with a 50PG/50VG ratio and at a relatively high nicotine percentage. Call us old school, but that’s what we’ve always done. With that being said, it’s becoming more common to see even tobacco based flavors offered with a high VG ratio.
Vapor devices used when testing the tobacco e-liquids listed in this article:
- Vaporesso Revenger Mini and 3.5 mL NRG SE Tank paired with GT2 Core 0.4 ohm Coil
- Smok Nord 2 POD paired with Nord 2 RPM Quartz 1.2 ohm Coil Heads at 12 watts